Ask a Dietitian
"Diana, just a quick heads up to let you know we are still using your cookbook and the guys will often be heard saying what would Diana say about this or that....really good feed back... I made your potato salad and the oriental coleslaw on Sat. for a family luncheon and had rave reviews so thanks again."
3 Tbsp white sugar 45 ml
1⁄2 tsp dry mustard 2 ml
2 tsp salt 10 ml
2 Tbsp papaya seeds 30 ml
1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar 60 ml
or tarragon vinegar
1⁄4 cup canola oil 60 ml
1 large head romaine lettuce 1
1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced 1⁄4
1 papaya 1
1 avocado 1
2 green onions finely chopped 2
This is Diana’s all-time favourite salad! The sweetness
of the papaya, the creamy texture of the avocado and
the bite of red onion form a fabulous taste combination
when eaten in the same bite.
1. Blend all ingredients for dressing in food processor
until papaya seeds look like ground pepper. Set aside.
2. Wash and tear lettuce leaves into a large salad bowl.
3. Slice papaya into 5 cm strips and add to lettuce.
4. Cut avocado into 1 1⁄2 cm cubes (cut in half and cube
while still in the skin and spoon out). Add avocado and
sliced red onion to lettuce.
5. Toss with dressing, sprinkle with green onions. Serve
Per serving: 140.5 Calories; Carbohydrate 11.6g; Protein 1.3 g; Fat 10.8 g