Ask a Dietitian
"Diana, just a quick heads up to let you know we are still using your cookbook and the guys will often be heard saying what would Diana say about this or that....really good feed back... I made your potato salad and the oriental coleslaw on Sat. for a family luncheon and had rave reviews so thanks again."
FOR THE MIXTURE
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) of wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 25 ml (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 25 ml (¼ tsp) ground clove
- 5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) natural Krema yogurt 11% Olympic
- Zest of an orange
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) finely grated carrots
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Olympic plain Krema yogurt
- Fruit of choice
- Maple syrup
Preheat the waffle iron.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and add ginger.
Add the eggs, yogurt, orange peel and vanilla. Mix well.
Add carrots and mix well.
In the oiled waffle maker, pour the amount of dough needed for a waffle and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
Do the same for all waffles.
Garnish to taste and serve.